[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-dev, 5/7] net/mlx5: add port representor awareness

Adrien Mazarguil adrien.mazarguil at 6wind.com
Tue Jun 12 16:18:20 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 01:57:45PM +0000, Xueming(Steven) Li wrote:
> [...]

Because by "assuming" things, there's a slight possibility for the PMD to be
wrong. It's not a mere debug message.

Using the wrong IB device may silently wreak havoc on some systems,
therefore since the PMD can't be sure, users are warned about this fact and
what IB devices will be used. This calls for extra attention and manual
checks (where possible) *before* an issue is encountered, until we replace
this piece of code with a safer approach.

I think a WARNING level is warranted.

--
Adrien Mazarguil
6WIND