[dpdk-dev] 16.11.5 (LTS) patches review and test

gowrishankar muthukrishnan gowrishankar.m at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Mar 2 09:40:53 CET 2018

Anywhere do we track its kernel and GCC compatibility esp for KNI,
vfio/uio ?. If not, it would be good to document for supported kernel
versions I think.

I see below compilation error for a kernel *3.10.0-693.1.1.el7.ppc64le
(RHEL 7.4)*:
..
ppc_64-power8-linuxapp-gcc/build/lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/kni/igb_main.c:
In function ‘igb_ndo_bridge_getlink’:
ppc_64-power8-linuxapp-gcc/build/lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/kni/igb_main.c
  error: too few arguments to function ‘ndo_dflt_bridge_getlink’
   return ndo_dflt_bridge_getlink(skb, pid, seq, dev, mode, 0, 0, nlflags);

And, below compilation error with *GCC 7.2.0*:

lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/eal/eal_vfio.c:147:7: error: this statement may
fall through [-Werror=implicit-fallthrough=]
     if (vfio_group_fd > 0) {
        ^
lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/eal/eal_vfio.c:152:3: note: here
    default:
    ^~~~~~~
lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_tailqs.c:114:48: error:
‘__builtin_snprintf’ output may be truncated before the last format
character [-Werror=format-truncation=]
    snprintf(head->name, sizeof(head->name) - 1, "%s", name);
                                                 ^~~~
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:862:0,
                  from lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_tailqs.c:37:
/usr/include/powerpc64le-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:64:10: note:
‘__builtin_snprintf’ output between 1 and 32 bytes into a destination of
size 31
    return __builtin___snprintf_chk (__s, __n, __USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL - 1,
         __bos (__s), __fmt, __va_arg_pack ());

Thanks,
Gowrishankar