[dpdk-dev] Fwd: PMD for Broadcom/Emulex OCe14000 OCP Skyhawk-R

Vincent JARDIN vincent.jardin at 6wind.com
Thu Mar 8 08:20:15 CET 2018

Le 07/03/2018 à 04:56, sujith sankar a écrit :
> Is PMD for Broadcom/Emulex OCe14000 OCP Skyhawk-R available?  There
> are a few documents in Broadcom's site.  But could not find the source
> code of it.

Right, it has not been upstreamed. Currently, it is even deprecated at
6WIND for our new releases.
   www.6wind.com/products/6windgate/6windgate-platfoarm-support/
see the NIC section.

> I believe 6Wind team developed the PMD for Broadcom.  But what is the
> status of it?  Is it freely available?

I guess you are referring to:
   https://docs.broadcom.com/docs/12356248

This PMD is deprecated. We kept it only for old DPDK releases because it
relies on some specific SDK from Emulex/Skyhawk's designers! The PMD
without the SDK is useless.

> Tried to get some help from users alias, but could not.
> Could someone please help me with info on this?

In fact, the best option is to use AF_XDP PMD if you need to support
this Emulex/SkyhawkNIC. Please, give a try to this AF_XDP PMD. Your
benchmarks will be welcomed. I guess it is better to invest time in
improving AF_XDP PMD,
   http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2018-February/091502.html

best regards,
   Vincent