[dpdk-dev] Regression tests for stable releases from companies involved in DPDK

Luca Boccassi bluca at debian.org
Thu May 31 12:26:39 CEST 2018

Hello all,

At this morning's release meeting (minutes coming soon from John), we
briefly discussed the state of the regression testing for stable
releases and agreed we need to formalise the process.

At the moment we have a firm commitment from Intel and Mellanox to test
all stable branches (and if I heard correctly from NXP as well? Please
confirm!). AT&T committed to run regressions on the 16.11 branch.

Here's what we need in order to improve the quality of the stable
releases process:

1) More commitments to help from other companies involved in the DPDK
community. At the cost of re-stating the obvious, improving the quality
of stable releases is for everyone's benefit, as a lot of customers and
projects rely on the stable or LTS releases for their production
environments.

2) A formalised deadline - the current proposal is 10 days from the
"xx.yy patches review and test" email, which was just sent for 16.11.
For the involved companies, please let us know if 10 days is enough. In
terms of scheduling, this period will always start within a week from
the mainline final release. Again, the signal is the "xx.yy patches
review and test" appearing in the inbox, which will detail the
deadline.

Comments?

--
Kind regards,