[dpdk-dev] [EXT] Default cacheline size for ARM

Honnappa Nagarahalli Honnappa.Nagarahalli at arm.com
Thu Jan 31 19:09:05 CET 2019

+ Phil and Hemant

<snip>

> > > If I understand it correctly, only for cross compiling on x86.
> > > distro folks build the generic image on arm64 with -Dmachine=default
> > > for arm64.
> > I thought for cross compilation we have target specific config files
> > in config/arm. For ex: arm64_dpaa2_linuxapp_gcc,
> > arm64_thunderx_linuxapp_gcc
>
> Yes. config/arm/arm64_armv8_linuxapp_gcc will be used for cross compile
> arm64 image, equivalent to config/defconfig_arm64-armv8a-linuxapp-gcc
> in cross compiling domain for meson.

Following is my understanding:
1) Distro folks build the generic image on arm64 with -Dmachine=default for arm64 (http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-January/123272.html)
2) Target specific builds and cross compilation is done using target specific configuration files (for ex: config/arm/arm64_dpaa2_linuxapp_gcc etc)

Are you saying, we need a cross compile mechanism to generate generic arm64 image (that would work across all Arm platforms)?
Do you have any use cases in mind for this?