[dpdk-dev] Intel XXV710 NIC drops K8S IPIP Over GRE packet

kai xi fan kaixi.f at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 11:34:27 CET 2019

Hi,

Recently our customers complained that their pod could not ping each other
in their k8s group.
After some debug, we found that pod sends ' IPIP Over GRE ' packet.
And DPDK fetch pkt_type from packet descriptor, and it's always zero for
this type of packet without IPV4 flag set.
The packet descriptor is generated by XXV710 NIC.

Our application relies on pkt_type to see if packet's type is IPV4 or not.
So we turn to parse ether type ourselves.

Best regards