[dpdk-dev] Windows Draft Build

Dmitry Kozlyuk dmitry.kozliuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 07:14:26 CET 2020

> Did you install the LLVM toolchain for VStudio:
> https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=LLVMExtensions.llvm-toolchain
>
> You will need to ensure VS is closed before installing it.
> It says it supports VS2017, but it will also work with VS2019, if VS2017 is already installed.

Thanks Ranjit! Wouldn't have guessed I need VS2017 extension
for VS2019 development. "Dpdk.sln" builds OK, will try launching sample apps
a bit later. I'm planning to use QEMU and virtio PMD (modern interface,
because legacy uses PIO, which is not implemented by netuio) by adding a
project similar to existing "librte_pmd_i40e".

--
Dmitry Kozlyuk