[dpdk-dev] Pushing feature patches to DPDK stable release

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 12:18:32 CET 2020

On 28/02/2020 10:46, Kumar, Ravi1 wrote:
> [AMD Official Use Only - Internal Distribution Only]
>
> Hi,

Hi Ravi,

Please remove the banner above, it is not appropriate for an open source
mailing list.

> I want to understand details on DPDK mainline process.
>
> Is it possible to upstream patches to the older stable branches, upstreaming to 18.11 as an example? How do we do it?

There is information about the stable releases and what is backported
here: https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/contributing/stable.html

(I have an outstanding todo to expand these docs a bit)

fyi - Luca and I did a presentation in September about DPDK LTS where we
touched on this also: https://youtu.be/6ipOgMhkpU4

thanks,
Kevin.