[dpdk-dev] EAL: failed to parse device "XX:XX.X" on CentOS 7

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Tue Aug 17 16:47:09 CEST 2021

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 07:13:54AM -0600, Thao Hull wrote:
> Thank you!  Will try that when I get back from vacation.  Thao
>
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2021, 4:48 AM Mikulicz, Szymon (Nokia - PL/Krakow) <
> szymon.mikulicz at nokia.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Thao,
> >
> > the original issue was resolved by updating pkg-config. I compiled a new
> > version of it on our centos 7 setup. We are currently using pkg-config 0.29.2
> > and it works.
> >
> > BR,
> > SM

The likely cause of the inability to parse the address is the PCI driver
not being linked into the binary for a static build. This could indeed be
caused by incorrect output from pkg-config, and the default pkg-config on
centos 7 is known to have such an issue. Updating pkg-config, or use
pkgconf instead, is recommended to fix this, as suggested above.

/Bruce