[dpdk-dev] [SPDK] Re: [dpdklab] Re: [dpdk-ci] [CI] SPDK compilation failures @ DPDK community lab

Nick Connolly nick.connolly at mayadata.io
Mon Feb 15 10:56:12 CET 2021

> Rather than maintain dpdk internal dependencies on SPDK side, would it
> be possible to use pkg-config?
Hi David,

Are the DPDK pkgconfig files intended to work for Windows builds?

I've had a quick look and as far as I can see the dependencies are
listed correctly,
but I was less convinced by the use of -Wl,--whole-archive which is
specific to the
GNU linker (Clang/Link configuration requires a sequence of
-Wl,-wholearchive:<library>).

SPDK doesn't currently support Windows, but there is work in progress
(https://wpdk.github.io)
that can now natively attach an NVMe disk and serve storage from it.

Thanks,
Nick