[dpdk-dev] Memory leak in rte_pci_scan

Owen Hilyard ohilyard at iol.unh.edu
Tue Jun 8 20:47:33 CEST 2021

Hello All,

As part of the community lab's work to deploy static analysis tools, we've
been doing test runs of the various tools. One of the problems we found is
that rte_pci_scan leaks 214368 Bytes every time it is run. There are also
numerous (180856) instances of the error message "EAL: recvmsg failed, Bad
file descriptor". Attached is the log from running the fast-tests suite
with ASAN enabled, and a 10-second timeout. The real timeout seems to be
the timeout argument multiplied by 10, making this really a 100-second
timeout. It is attached as a google drive link since the log itself is too
large for the mailing list.

Test Output:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NejCuba-HnvH9MMg7thBdGuOhQBXKiFh/view?usp=sharing

Owen Hilyard