[dpdk-dev] rte_memcpy - fence and stream

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Thu May 27 19:22:28 CEST 2021

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 10:39:59PM +0530, Manish Sharma wrote:
>    For the case I have, hardly 2% of the data buffers which are being
>    copied get looked at - mostly its for DMA. Having a version of DPDK
>    memcopy that does non temporal copies would definitely be good.
>    If in my case, I have a lot of CPUs doing the copy in parallel, would
>    I/OAT driver copy accelerator still help?

It will depend upon the size of the copies being done. For bigger packets
the accelerator can help free up CPU cycles for other things.

However, if only 2% of the data which is being copied gets looked at, why
does it need to be copied? Can the original buffers not be used in that
case?

Regards,
/Bruce