rte_ring_elem_pvt historical question

Konstantin Ananyev konstantin.v.ananyev at yandex.ru
Tue Jul 5 10:54:55 CEST 2022

04/07/2022 12:35, Morten Brørup пишет:
> Does anyone here remember why the __rte_ring_enqueue/dequeue_elems_64/128() functions support unaligned object arrays, when the __rte_ring_enqueue/dequeue_elems_32() functions require 4 byte aligned object arrays?

As I remember, we added 'unaligned' to be able to use rte_ring with
elements that might have smaller alignment.
For 32 - as I remember we never explicitly require 4B aligned
objects for the rings ... Am I missing something here?
My guess, we just never hit such problem so it gets unnoticed.
Probably worth updating 32-bit version too with explicit 'unaligned' type.