Building DPDK with IOVA_AS_VA

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Sun Feb 19 12:05:55 CET 2023

19/02/2023 11:01, Thomas Monjalon:
> 09/12/2022 10:33, fengchengwen:
> >   The hns3 and idpf both use static_library to build advanced vector (e.g. SVE for hns3 and AVX512 for idpf).
> > The static-library is still compiled even the PMD is not compiled, and this lead to the compile fail problem.
> >
> >   Although the following could solve the problem, but is there a better plan?
> >  +if dpdk_conf.get('RTE_IOVA_AS_PA') == 0
> >  +    build = false
> >  +    reason = 'driver does not support disabling IOVA as PA mode'
> >  +    subdir_done()
> >  +endif
>
> Yes there is a better plan: fix drivers/meson.build.
> We must move the "continue" to skip the driver as soon as possible.

Scratch that, it's a stupid idea.
The problem is generating sub-libraries inside the driver
in order to map some specific compiler options with some files.
Looks like we must disable the build inside the driver:

+if not get_option('enable_iova_as_pa')
+    subdir_done()
+endif

No need to give reason or disable build as it will be done anyway in drivers/meson.build.