Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2022-11-30

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Mon Jan 23 10:03:17 CET 2023

1/ Traces in ethdev API

It has been decided to have traces everywhere.

In datapath or in grey area (not sure how fast it should be),
we must use compile-time enabled trace for performance reason.

2/ Tech writer hiring

Hiring failed so far.
Thomas to ask explanations for recent candidates.

3/ MIT license exception

No progress at this date.

4/ UNH SOW

The accomplishments of 2022 must be categorized to fit with 2022 SOW.

The 2023 plan must be voted in a sheet during the next 2 weeks,
and it could be validated during the next meeting.

5/ Release 22.11.1 with hotfix

There is an issue for comparing ABI with 22.11.0.
We need review and testing of the hotfix for making 22.11.1.
The new tag will be the reference for ABI checks.