quick thread in DLB2

Mattias Rönnblom hofors at lysator.liu.se
Thu Sep 14 10:09:10 CEST 2023

On 2023-09-13 22:56, Honnappa Nagarahalli wrote:

> [...]

To make DSW (and other work schedulers) work better on systems with SMT,
it would be useful to know which lcores are hardware thread siblings.

Topology related to CPU core capacity in heterogeneous system (e.g.,
big.LITTLE) could be used for similar purposes.

The list goes on but one wouldn't need to address all use cases in the
v1 API.

Something like hwloc(7), but DPDK native.

> Not sure how much of this would be a security risk.

What do have in mind? The DPDK library has no more privileges than the
application running on top of it. As far as I see, what we are talking
about here is mere convenience and portability, from a security point of
view.