Variable name issues with codespell.

Stephen Hemminger stephen at networkplumber.org
Thu Apr 4 01:52:59 CEST 2024

On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 00:12:19 +0000
Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli at arm.com> wrote:

> > https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/container/deque
> >
> > The root cause of my complaint is the codespell dictionary used in the patchwork tests.
> > It is a bit of twisted path to fix this though. CI runs checkpatch.sh which runs kernel checkpatch.pl
> > which calls codespell library. Although codespell has an ignore list, there is no option
> > to feed that through in kernel's checkpatch.pl file.

> So, not under DPDK control. May be we need to ignore the errors manually.

One solution would be for DPDK to provide its own codespell dictionary so that
all users and CI would see the same word list. By cloning the upstream dictionary
and trimming away know issues; maybe even have a devtools script to get the current
dictionary from github and fix it.

Then we could get rid of false positives for 'deque' and 'stdio'