static_assert, sfc, and clang issues

Morten Brørup mb at smartsharesystems.com
Tue Jan 16 23:14:36 CET 2024

I prefer that you implement the workaround in the RTE_BUILD_BUG_ON() macro, by surrounding it by "do { } while (0)", like this:

#define RTE_BUILD_BUG_ON(condition) do { static_assert(!(condition), #condition); } while (0)

And please mention the workaround reason, with the reference to the clang bug, in the source code comment describing the function.

The godbolt link in the clang issue seems happy with this workaround.