Minutes of Techboard Meeting, 2024-01-10

Patrick Robb probb at iol.unh.edu
Wed Jan 17 00:03:28 CET 2024

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 11:45 AM Honnappa Nagarahalli <
Honnappa.Nagarahalli at arm.com> wrote:

> 3. How well does DPDK run on Hyperscaler environments?
> - Can UNH take the task of running DPDK on Hyperscaler environments? UNH
> seems to have lot of things already.

Sorry, I could not make techboard this week as I had a conflict from
another project. I would like to reiterate that in principle an effective
way to start addressing any gaps is to use testing to better understand the
landscape as is. At the same time, yes this conversation did not reach
maturity during 2023, so there aren't hyperscaler testing work items in
2024's Community Lab SOW. Written SOW items always have to take precedence,
but we will continue to accept ad-hoc community requests like always, and
engage in conversations for what's next for testing in DPDK.

We had an email chain going with Robin/Honnappa about the most needed test
coverage in this space, etc. but it died out. I remember Honnappa
mentioning the importance of measuring multi core scalability performance,
running l2fwd l3fwd sample apps etc. I think Robin may host some calls in
2024 to take feedback on this. We would still need a plan on funding for
the cloud instances used, list of vNICs to provide testing coverage for, a
test plan, etc. So, realistically today we are very far off, but if the
conversation on this continues to develop, we can engage and define better
if/how the Community Lab could play a role.