DTS testpmd and SCAPY integration

Juraj Linkeš juraj.linkes at pantheon.tech
Thu Jan 18 13:32:39 CET 2024

Hi folks,

Let me summarize the yesterday's discussion in a few keys points:

   - Greg's proposal aims at simplicity and is useful mainly for test cases
   which can be written in a few minutes. More complex test cases are not
   suitable for the YAML approach.
   - The above implies that the YAML based test cases would be supported
   alongside the existing approach. This fast way to implement simple test
   cases would likely be a valuable addition.
   - The big picture idea behind the YAML test cases is to take an
   application with interactive input, send commands, collect output and
   compare the output with expected string(s).
   - Greg may be able to make the code available and may assess how to
   integrate it with DTS.

Regards,
Juraj