[dts] TestSuite_shutdown_api.py, test_enable_disablejumbo and MTU questions

Angela Czubak aczubak at caviumnetworks.com
Thu Apr 13 18:08:38 CEST 2017

Ok, partially answering to myself: max-pkt-len is different than MTU,
there is no call to rte_eth_dev_set_mtu when calling "port config all
max-pkt-len". It is truly setting max_rx_pkt_len of
port->dev_conf.rxmode in init_port_config (and then the device is
reconfigured with rte_eth_dev_configure when starting the port).

This somehow explains, that decreasing by 4 in send_packet might be
connected to the fact that NIC may or may not take FCS into frame length.

So now I only don't know why HEADER_SIZE['eth'] is 18 (for sure) and why
powerville, springville and kawela_4 are treated differently.