[dpdk-moving] Proposal a Committer model

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Thu Nov 17 10:27:09 CET 2016

Hi,

The initial list could be made up from someone from 6Wind, Intel and an ARM based company. If it is felt that someone else could be added then that could be proposed.

The OvS community had reasonably good guidelines about adding/removing committers. I'd suggest that we use something similar:

https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/Documentation/committer-grant-revocation.rst

> I believe the multi-committers model may not fix current consensus
> slowness issue. Instead, if we are focusing on reducing the workload of
> Thomas, then I think git pull request based scheme will reduce the
> workload.

So, something like a Gerrit model?

John