[spp] Proposal for adding port for external management tools

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Jul 6 14:56:58 CEST 2017

On 6/29/2017 10:16 AM, Yasufumi Ogawa wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> SPP controller is a CLI tool and has no way to send a command from
> remote. Considering to control SPP from a management tool like an
> orchestrator, it should be needed to have another port. This patch is
> adding it (called management port) to SPP for the purpose.
>
> This patch also includes following bug fixes.
> - Remove unwanted spaces from the sec command to avoid parse error.
> - Add socket.SO_REUSEADDR option for avoiding 'port is already used'.
> - Correct command completion.
> - Fix errors in report/playback command.

Hi Yasufumi,

Thank you for the patch.

I think adding a remote management port is good idea.

But I am not able to apply the patch, mail client seems wrapped some
lines, I tried to fix but not able to. Would you mind using git
send-email for sending patches?

And if possible can you please split patch into multiple patches, one
patch for each logical thing, for your case you can have a separate
patch for each fix you listed above. This makes easy to understand each
modification done for a fix or feature.

Thanks,
ferruh