[spp] Proposal for RST documentation support

Yasufumi Ogawa ogawa.yasufumi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Thu Feb 1 05:00:03 CET 2018

Hi, all

SPP documentation is currently provided as markdown format. Although it
is convenience for hosting on github, I think we need to prepare an
official documentation as similar to other DPDK projects considering
users. In addition, current documents are not so organized well and some
of documents are poor for explanation and should be updated.

I would like to send patches for replacing markdown documents to RST. It
also includes make command support for compiling and cleaning html
documents.
   $ make doc-html   # compile html
   $ make doc-clean  # clean generated documents

As a trial, I have uploaded RST documents on readthedocs.io to be reviewed.
http://spp.readthedocs.io/en/doc_rst/index.html

If it is accpted, I would like to propose DPDK community to add a link
to https://dpdk.org/doc as similar as pktgen-dpdk, or hosting it on
dpdk.org.

Thanks,
Yasufumi