[dpdk-stable] please help backporting some patches to stable release 16.11.1

Nélio Laranjeiro nelio.laranjeiro at 6wind.com
Fri Feb 17 14:15:30 CET 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 02:38:50PM +0800, Yuanhan Liu wrote:
> Hi commit authors (and maintainers),
>
> I tried to pick following commits from upstream to stable branch 16.11,
> but I failed: they can't be applied. I'm wondering can the authors check
> the following list and backport some patches belong to them?
>
> FYI, branch 16.11 at git://dpdk.org/dpdk-stable is the place those patches
> should be packported to. It'd be great if you could do that in one week. If
> so, please do me a favor by adding a heading line like following before the
> commit log body:
>
>     [ backported from upstream commit xxx ]
>
> Example: http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/commit/?h=16.07&id=c4831394c7d1944d8ec27d52c22997f20d19718e
>
> Please let me know if you have any comments, say, need more time, or it's
> worthless to packport it. And please send it to "stable at dpdk.org", but not
> "dev at dpdk.org".
>
> If you don't have time recently, you could backport them later, then they
> will be candidates for 16.11.2.
>
> Thanks.
>
> 	-yliu
>
> ---
> 9b66721  Qi Zhang       net/ixgbe: fix blocked interrupts
> 0603df7  Nélio Laranjeiro net/mlx5: fix Rx packet validation and type
> a9f2fbc  Shahaf Shuler  net/mlx5: fix inconsistent link status
> f04f1d5  Nélio Laranjeiro net/mlx5: fix Tx WQE corruption caused by starvation
> 8fcd6c2  Nélio Laranjeiro net/mlx5: fix inline WQE consumption
> 76bf157  Yongseok Koh   net/mlx5: fix updating total length of multi-packet send
> 3a49ffe  Shahaf Shuler  net/mlx5: fix link status query

Yuanhan,

 - 0603df7  Nélio Laranjeiro net/mlx5: fix Rx packet validation and type

Depends on another fix:
 501505c5608a "net/mlx: fix IPv4 and IPv6 packet type",
please apply this one before and mine will then apply without any
conflict.

According to our discussion [1], please do not handle the following
patches:

 - f04f1d5  Nélio Laranjeiro net/mlx5: fix Tx WQE corruption caused by starvation
 - 8fcd6c2  Nélio Laranjeiro net/mlx5: fix inline WQE consumption

They need to be totally re-written to apply on top of DPDK 16.11 stable
branch.

Thanks,

[1] http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/stable/2017-February/001041.html

--