[dpdk-stable] [RFC 2/2] nfp: allow for non-root user

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Tue Apr 17 21:06:42 CEST 2018

17/04/2018 18:24, Alejandro Lucero:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:54 PM, Thomas Monjalon <thomas at monjalon.net>
> wrote:
>
> > 17/04/2018 17:44, Alejandro Lucero:
> > > Adding stable@ and Thomas for discussing how can this be added to stable
> > > DPDK versions even if this is not going to be a patch for current DPDK
> > > version.
> >
> > I don't understand.
> > This patch won't enter in 18.05?
> > Why do you think this patch is candidate for stable but not master?
> >
> Because all that code has been removed between 18.02 and 18.05:
>
> http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2018-March/093655.html
>
> I guess this had not happen yet, and stable versions only pull patches from
> vanilla. Am I right?

Yes patches are cherry-picked from master.
But when the backport is too much difficult, a patch can be sent directly
to stable at dpdk.org.

I don't know whether it already happened to fix a removed code.
You need to make sure that the maintainers of stable branches will pick it.
There is no special process, it's all a matter of communication :)