[dpdk-stable] 17.11.3 (LTS) patches review and test

Yuanhan Liu yliu at fridaylinux.org
Sat Jun 2 07:13:34 CEST 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 12:30:01PM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 28/05/2018 12:16, Kevin Traynor:
> > These patches which are stable relevant only, need a small fix which is
> > here on 18.02 branch:
> > http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/commit/?h=18.02&id=e89e323e4ce58f2cbbc7afcc2d5dc7ce66075e81

Pushed to dpdk-stable/17.11, thanks for letting me know.

> About the process, I wonder what should be the reference branch when backporting.
> For example, could we use 18.02 stable branch to backport in 17.11?

We normally do (and should) not do that. For fixes not from the master
branch, the author should send a patch alone to the stable list, telling
the maintainer this patch is stable only and should apply to stable
release X, Y, etc.

I saw I was on the cc list. It's likely I have missed the patch before,
and sorry for that.

	--yliu