[dpdk-stable] please help backporting some patches to LTS release 17.11.7

Somnath Kotur somnath.kotur at broadcom.com
Fri Aug 2 10:02:04 CEST 2019

Hi Yongseok,

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 6:07 AM Yongseok Koh <yskoh at mellanox.com> wrote:

> > On Jul 26, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Stephen Hemminger <stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 18:40:23 -0700
> > Yongseok Koh <yskoh at mellanox.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi commit authors (and maintainers),
> >>
> >> I didn't manage to apply following commits from upstream to stable branch 17.11:
> >
> >> f06515964a  Stephen Hemminger net/bnxt: silence IOVA warnings
> >> 618bbdab47  Stephen Hemminger net/bnxt: suppress spurious error log
> >
> > These should be reviewed by bnxt maintainers

Have reviewed them both, the 2nd patch (618bbdab47) is not applicable
to 17.11 as it does not even have that spurious error log
while the 1st one does not apply because of the shift from RTE_LOG to
PMD_DRV_LOG mechanism post 17.11...
Having said that don't think it's that important for it go to stable
now i guess unless anybody else differs with that?
Basically, we don't need these 2 patches to  be applied to 17.11

Thanks
Som