[dpdk-stable] DPDK 18.11.2 LTS update

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Thu May 16 20:57:36 CEST 2019

Hi All,

DPDK 18.11.2 will contain backports of relevant fixes from DPDK 19.05.

Plan is to have a 18.11.2 RC1 ready early next week for validation
teams. There are a small few outstanding backports that need authors
help - please send by next Monday so I can put into RC1.

Depending on what is found in validations, it is planned to release on
June 11th. Note, as things are more stable on dpdk-stable
(hopefully), not planning for further RCs unless they are needed.

I strongly recommend that anyone who is using or has an interest in DPDK
18.11 LTS plan to do some validation for your use cases on the RC.

Similar to 18.11.1 [1], I will add to the release notes what's been
fixed and a summary of reported validations so users are aware of this.

thanks,
Kevin.

[1]
http://doc.dpdk.org/guides-18.11/rel_notes/release_18_11.html#fixes-and-validation-in-18-11-stable-release