20.11.7 patches review and test

Morten Brørup mb at smartsharesystems.com
Mon Nov 28 12:35:30 CET 2022

+CC Andrew Rybchenko as co-signer on the mempool patch in mainline.

The link with pre-selected branch seems to be:
https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-stable/?h=20.11

[...]

> Morten Brørup (2):
>       eal/x86: add 256 bytes copy for AVX2

LGTM.

>       mempool: fix get objects from mempool with cache

Reviewed stable release patch [1], comparing it to the accepted mainline patch [2].

[1]: https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-stable/commit/?h=20.11&id=26cb4c81b552594292f7c744afb904f01700dfe8
[2]: https://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/20221007104450.2567961-1-andrew.rybchenko@oktetlabs.ru/

This is not correct:
+		__MEMPOOL_STAT_ADD(mp, get_success_bulk, 1);
+		__MEMPOOL_STAT_ADD(mp, get_success_objs, n);

The old macro did more, so it should be:
+		__MEMPOOL_STAT_ADD(mp, get_success, n);

This is only visible if built with RTE_LIBRTE_MEMPOOL_DEBUG.

Besides that, it looks perfectly good to me.

PS: The upstream commit hash links in the stable release patches (e.g. in [1]) don't seem to work. They lead to a page saying "Bad commit reference". I don't know if this is expected behavior or not.