20.11.8 patches review and test

Xu, HailinX hailinx.xu at intel.com
Thu Apr 6 09:19:05 CEST 2023

Update the test status for Intel part. Till now dpdk20.11.8-rc1 validation test rate is 80%. No critical issue is found.
2 new bugs are found, These 2 issues are being confirmed by Intel Dev.
New bugs:
  bug1. softnic and metering_and_policing: create rule failed  -- Intel dev is under investigating.
  bug2. some of the unit tests are failing:  -- Intel dev is under investigating
# Basic Intel(R) NIC testing
* Build & CFLAG compile: cover the build test combination with latest GCC/Clang version and the popular OS revision such as Ubuntu20.04, Fedora36, RHEL8.4, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* PF(i40e, ixgbe): test scenarios including RTE_FLOW/TSO/Jumboframe/checksum offload/VLAN/VXLAN, etc.
- Execution rate is 80%. No new dpdk issue is found.
* VF(i40e, ixgbe): test scenarios including VF-RTE_FLOW/TSO/Jumboframe/checksum offload/VLAN/VXLAN, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* PF/VF(ice): test scenarios including Switch features/Package Management/Flow Director/Advanced Tx/Advanced RSS/ACL/DCF/Flexible Descriptor, etc.
- Execution rate is 70%. No new dpdk issue is found.
* Intel NIC single core/NIC performance: test scenarios including PF/VF single core performance test, etc.
- Execution rate is 80%. No new dpdk issue is found.
* IPsec: test scenarios including ipsec/ipsec-gw/ipsec library basic test - QAT&SW/FIB library, etc.
- on going.

# Basic cryptodev and virtio testing
* Virtio: both function and performance test are covered. Such as PVP/Virtio_loopback/virtio-user loopback/virtio-net VM2VM perf testing/VMAWARE ESXI 7.0u3, etc.
- Execution rate is 95%. No new dpdk issue is found.
* Cryptodev:
  *Function test: test scenarios including Cryptodev API testing/CompressDev ISA-L/QAT/ZLIB PMD Testing/FIPS, etc.
    - Execution rate is 95%. bug2 was found.
  *Performance test: test scenarios including Thoughput Performance/Cryptodev Latency, etc.
    - All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.

Regards,
Xu, Hailin