[dpdk-test-report] [PatchWork]|SUCCESS| pw11517-11520 pci: explicitly call ioport handlers for uio_pci_generic

Liu, Yong yong.liu at intel.com
Wed Mar 16 03:55:07 CET 2016

Hi David,

Yes, we download your patches from patchwork and do some basic validation before them merged.

> Does it run checkpatch on each patch ?
> Does it check that each patch builds fine individually (I mean in an
> incremental way) ?

By now, we do not run build test for each patch due to time limitation. Patch will be applied in sequence and build with multiple configurations.
We expected that this report should be available asap, as to be reference for developer and maintainer.

We are improving our system to cover more areas like different OS/support checkpatch and ABI/configuration settings.

> Any other details ?
>
> Maybe a little description on dpdk.org would help.

Here’s the basic description of patchwork autobuild. The first step, we can add the description in the report.

Patchwork automation build will monitor patch sets status.
If new patch set occurred in http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/project/dpdk/list/, automation tool will download it and applied it in latest branch.
If only dpdk driver code modified, patches will be applied in dpdk-next-net repo.
When there's issue in patch apply process, error report will be send to the author and test-report mailing list.

By default build validation will cover 6 different configurations which contained of ICC/clang, share library and debug options.
If there's any document modified, will also build document and check whether build pass.
After all build validations have been done, report email will send to the author and test-report mailing list.
The final report will demonstrate the baseline, build status and build environment.