[dpdk-users] e1000 port stats

Sridhar.V.Iyer sridhariyer at versa-networks.com
Tue Dec 8 19:52:19 CET 2015

 <http://www.versa-networks.com/>Hi Harry,

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 2:54 AM, Van Haaren, Harry <harry.van.haaren at intel.com> wrote:
>
> This part makes an assumption that because you're not dropping packets now, means they will never be dropped. This is not a valid assumption: when a CPU gets overloaded packets will get dropped, which will invalidate the statistics: we need to find a better solution.

Thanks for the clarification.
Is the bug that the gorc/gotc registers are not getting updated in regular case? How do you suggest that we proceed here?
Should I look into the qemu code that might be at fault?(I’ll try to upgrade my qemu to the latest and see if that fixes the issue).

Regards,
Sridhar