[dpdk-users] Using DPDK with SR-IOV

WBAHACER at 126.com WBAHACER at 126.com
Fri Dec 18 03:50:59 CET 2015

Hi everyone:
    I'm facing a problem about using DPDK with SR-IOV.
    My experiment environment: CPU, Intel Xeon E5-4603 v2;  NIC, Intel dual-port 82599ES;  OS, ubuntu 14.04.3.
    I have opened SR-IOV in my server, and i have configured two VFs (belong to different physical port) -- VF1 (mac: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:bb vlan:5 belong to eth1), VF2(mac: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:bb vlan:5 belong to eth2).
    And i ran a pktgen-2.9.1 in another server, which connected to this server by eth1 & eth2.
    I started the pktgen-2.9.1 to send packets (packet format --- mac: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, vlan: 5).
    Then When i ran tcpdump to listen VF1 & VF2, I can receive packets sended by pktgen. (eth1 & eth2 already up)
    But When i bound VF1 & VF2 to igb_uio, and ran a pktgen with these two VFs, i could neither receive packets nor send packets with pktgen.
    Is anybody face the same problem ?  Thanks a lot!

Furong

WBAHACER at 126.com