[dpdk-users] Is extended tag supported on ConnectX-3 ? and if so, how do I enabled it ?

Jesper Wramberg jesper.wramberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:37:31 CET 2015

Hi all,

Does anyone know if extended tag is supported by Mellanox ConnectX-3 ? and
if so, how to enable it ?

In Mellanox' DPDK QSG the max read request is set to 4k using setpci and
register 68.w. I can't seem to find anything related to extended tag,
however. In DPDK docs other address are reported which I assume are for
i40e devices. Lastly, using the option in the config file does not seem to
yield any difference - perhaps because it only applies to igb_uio ?

Regards,
Jesper