[dpdk-users] Pktgen question: range of source IP addresses

Marko Niinimaki manzikki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:36:37 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm using pktgen to create DNS query packets for internal testing (I
tweaked the source code a bit). It's certainly fast enough, but I'd need
some more functionality to build a more comprehensible DNS testing suite.
First I'd need a range of IP addresses, for instance the first DNS query
would come from 1.1.1.1, the next from 1.1.1.2 etc. As far as I know, port
X's IP is assigned only once (for instance set ip src 0 1.1.1.1/24). Is
there a clever way to change this? If you consider this a useful feature,
I'll submit the code of course.

Best regards,
Mark