[dpdk-users] How to use more rx queues than RSS queue limit for ixgbe

Nishant Verma vnish11 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:35:05 CEST 2016

Hi,

Yes, you can use flow director and other packet classification methods
present, the thing is your hardware supports that. Check NIC datasheet if
some thing you think is correct and still not working.
For DCB, you can check example(vmdq_dcb) present in example folder in DPDK.
For Flow Director, you can check test-pmd code.

Just for your information. flow director can be used like this
"
    struct rte_eth_fdir_filter entry;

    memset(&entry, 0, sizeof(struct rte_eth_fdir_filter));

    entry.input.flow_type = 0x05;
    entry.input.flow.udp4_flow.ip.dst_ip=0x11223344;
    entry.input.flow.udp4_flow.dst_port=0x1111;
    entry.action.rx_queue=0x02;
    entry.action.report_status=0x02;

    ret = rte_eth_dev_filter_ctrl(0, RTE_ETH_FILTER_FDIR,
                         RTE_ETH_FILTER_ADD, &entry);

"
So, from now packet received from 0x11223344 will be re-directed to queue 2.

--
Rgds,
Nishant