[dpdk-users] AES GCM PMD Driver IV length support

Trahe, Fiona fiona.trahe at intel.com
Thu Dec 8 11:56:26 CET 2016

Hi Nubin,

I found the following code in the PMD to handle an iv length of 12, so this looks like a bug in the capability data.
/* sanity checks */
	if (op->cipher.iv.length != 16 && op->cipher.iv.length != 12 &&
			op->cipher.iv.length != 0) {
		GCM_LOG_ERR("iv");
		return -1;
	}

	/*
	 * GCM working in 12B IV mode => 16B pre-counter block we need
	 * to set BE LSB to 1, driver expects that 16B is allocated
	 */
	if (op->cipher.iv.length == 12) {
		op->cipher.iv.data[15] = 1;
	}

Have you tried passing a 12-byte iv to the driver ?