[dpdk-users] Facing issues with Interrupt mode (IGB,VFIO)

Prem Chaitanya prem at telaverge.com
Thu Dec 15 04:42:16 CET 2016

Hi Stephen,

Thanks a lot for your response.
We wrote our application(by modifying l3fwd application) and by looking at
the l3fwd-power sample application. But didnt know about this race you are
talking about.
Question: If we enable interrupt and go into epoll_wait, wont the
interrupts be pending in eventfd ? Or am i missing something.

I applied the queue_count check and tried to read again in case there are
packets. But still i see there is a lot of inconsistency in receiving
interrupts.
After i did this change, first time i ran the application i saw interrupts
coming in, but from subsequent time i don't see them anymore.

Here is the our code flow.

1. Register for interrupts
2. Poll Rx-Queue.
3. If idle_poll crosses configured limit, turn-on interrupt for that queue
and goto epoll_wait
4. One interrupt is received then disable interrupt for that queue and poll.

Let me know if you need any specific information.

--
Regards
Prem