[dpdk-users] Dpdk poor performance on virtual machine

Jes Nielsen jes.nielsen at 6wind.com
Thu Dec 15 20:29:40 CET 2016

Are you perhaps running on an old Sandy Bridge x86?

I heard that Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs have a limitation with their VT-d
IOTLB that limits PCIe passthrough throughput. Sandy Bridge (and earlier)
CPUs are not recommended if high performance is required.

--

Best Regards,

Jes Nielsen

6WIND, Solutions Engineering
Austin, TX 78730, USA
Tel: (512) 426-8222

www.6wind.com

intended recipient(s) and contains information
that is confidential and proprietary to 6WIND. All unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply