[dpdk-users] DPDK Network Packet Drop

Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel krath at cloudsimple.com
Thu Dec 29 12:56:50 CET 2016

Hi All,

I have a ESX. I did a passthrough of a Intel NIC card to a Fedora VM. I have two setups with the following configuration. Now when I send a Layer2 packet from one system to another I am not receiving the packet everytime. I am getting the packet at times and other times I am not getting it. I have connected them back to back. I tried using igb_uio but that made my kernel to panic during the bind call and system reboots. So I used uio_pci_generic, and found the issue. The same works when I use a vmxnet3 ESX virtual NIC. I do not find any kind of packet drop. Can anyone say why is this issue observed.

Thanking You,
Param.