[dpdk-users] VF bound to vfio-pci fails pci_map_device

Sowmini Varadhan sowmini05 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 21:41:54 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Sergio Gonzalez Monroy
<sergio.gonzalez.monroy at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> Probably the simplest app is an example called skeleton.
> It simply takes packets from one port to another:
> http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/sample_app_ug/skeleton.html
>
> If you want to know how to run testpmd:
> http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/testpmd_app_ug/index.html

I was looking to emulate something closer to a tcp or udp
echo server, so testpmd sounded like the better example
to follow. However, I'm not sure how the echo server
example is supposed to be configured - does it take *any*
incoming echo request on the interface and reflect it back,
or is this restricted to some subset  of "for-us" packets (i.e., sent to
"locally configured address")?

Also, does the sender need a statically configured arp entry
so that the echo request gets delivered?

--Sowmini