[dpdk-users] Question about combine libs option

Arevalo, Mario Alfredo C mario.alfredo.c.arevalo at intel.com
Fri Feb 19 16:30:27 CET 2016

Thank you so much for your help Sergio

Regards,
Mario.
From: Gonzalez Monroy, Sergio
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 2:48 AM
To: Arevalo, Mario Alfredo C
Cc: users at dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Question about combine libs option

On 18/02/2016 20:10, Arevalo, Mario Alfredo C wrote:
>      Hi, good day, I have a question related to CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS option in DPDK configuration file,
> It's not clear for me what is the behavior of this option but it seems that when I enabled this option
> all libraries were combined to one single library called libdpdk.so (I enabled CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB too),
> is this correct?

That is correct.
Now, you can use COMBINE_LIB with or without SHARED_LIB.
The result is, as you said, combining all DPDK libraries into a single
library.

> or which other effects can produce this option, and if someone has a document about this
> option would be amazing :), thank you so much for your attention.

I don't think there is any info/doc regarding  those config options
(someone else can correct me on this),
but I would think that the GSG (Getting Started Guide) would be a good
place to add such doc.

Sergio