[dpdk-users] EAL : Input/output error on DPDK 2.2.0 ( KVM virtual machine)

hou guanghua houguanghua at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:21:40 CET 2016

Hi,

The continus  burst of I/O Errors occured, as indicated below, when the helloworld application of dpdk2.2.0 example was running:
   EAL: Error reading from file descriptor 13: Input/output error
   EAL: Error reading from file descriptor 13: Input/output error
   EAL: Error reading from file descriptor 13: Input/output error
   EAL: Error reading from file descriptor 13: Input/output error

I installed the dpdk in virtual machine:  centos7 + kvm. One NIC was bound to igb_uio mode.
And if I unbound the NIC to e1000, then no error happened with helloworld running.

I had tried updating the igb_uio.c according the following patch,but the error still existed.
http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/945/

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best regards,
Guanghua