[dpdk-users] Not able to detect Intel EC I218-V (rev 03)

Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru nagp.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:29:59 CET 2016

Hello,

Using setup.sh (available in tools folder) I have bound eth0 (which is of
Intel EC I218-V make) to igb_uio module (which I can see with
dpdk_nic_bind.py --status output):

--
Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver
0000:00:19.0 'Ethernet Connection (3) I218-V' drv=igb_uio unused=

Network devices using kernel driver
===================================
<none>
--

However, when I run any sample application, it complains that there are no
ethernet ports:

--
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: No available NIC ports!

If I give a --vdev=eth_pcap0,iface=eth0, then it picks it. Am I missing
something? I hope this Intel card is supported by DPDK.

Thanks,
-nagp