[dpdk-users] Request for a valid ip_pipeline example to configure firewall

Singh, Jasvinder jasvinder.singh at intel.com
Fri Jul 15 18:01:37 CEST 2016

Hi Tao,

If you are working on 16.04, the command format for adding firewall rule is as below;

The reason why your command is failing is because in 16.07 we have changed the command format for adding rule to firewall pipeline.

> 2) CLI command "p 1 firewall add default 4 #SINK0" returns "command failed"

I guess you have configured 4 ports  (port  id 0 -3), so if this is the case, use right port id.

> So how to configure it rightly? What's the right semantics of the CLI command
> for firewall?

To learn the command format, please follow the code - ip_pipeline/pipeline/pipeline_firewall.c

> Wish for your reply.
>
> Best,
> Tao

Jasvinder