[dpdk-users] crosscompiling dpdk

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Tue Jul 26 23:45:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

2016-07-26 19:33, Mark Szczesniak:
> What do I need to cross compile dpdk on an x86 platform for an arm64 target?

You need a cross compiler like the ones provided by Linaro:
	https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/gcc-linaro/
The version 5.3 supports ThunderX compilation.

> What environment variables need to be set to cross compile correctly?

export CROSS=aarch64-linux-gnu-
export PATH=$PATH:$root/gcc-linaro-5.3-2016.02-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin
make config T=arm64-thunderx-linuxapp-gcc
make

> Where can I find documentation for cross-compiling dpdk?

"make help" or read the programmers guide.

> Where can I find documentation for dpdk on arm?

It is missing currently.

> The current set of documentation only mentions other processors, but goes into details for x86.

Yes. Nobody contributed specific doc for ARM details.