[dpdk-users] Question regarding packet availability

Александр Киселев kiselev99 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:09:34 CEST 2016

Hi.

You can use KNI interfaces to redirect the control plane traffic whether
it's a bgp or any other routing protocol traffic to the KNI while
forwarding data plane traffic using dpdk. It will allow your linux routing
daemon to receive route updates without having a dedicated physical
interface. After that you should find a way to redistribute the received
routes back to your dpdk forwarding engine. To do that you can use linux
netlink interface or quagga's FPM interface. The bird also has a API to
export routes, but I am not shure.

четверг, 28 июля 2016 г. пользователь yingzhi написал:

> Hi All,
>

> I'm new to DPDK and would like to ask some quick questions.
> We are trying to develop a Load Balance solution that take advantage of
> ECMP with BGP, so there is a BGP process running on our LB node, and we'd
> like to use DPDK to improve packet processing performance.
> The questions is, if DPDK bind to a interface, can it still
> sending/receiving BGP packets or I need a separate interface dedicated for
> BGP? In the later case, can the BGP process still aware of the DPDK bond
> port's network and announce that network to uplink router?
>

> Any comment/advice is appreciated.
>

> Thanks in advance.

Kiselev Alexander