[dpdk-users] 10G vs 1G interface

Gadre Nayan gadrenayan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 20:23:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

Is there any distinction done when KNI interfaces come up for 10G vs 1G ports.

The ifconfig vEth0 down events are not handled reliably for 10G
interfaces. However, for 1G interfaces this works reliably. I get the
interface down events propagated correctly back to user space.

So, if I run ifconfig vEth0 down/up. The appropriate
rte_kni_ops.config_network_if

config_network_if = kni_config_network_interface (where it calls
start/stop functions.)

method is called, and there is no distinction done here for 10G vs 1G.

So where can I tweak the sources or any place elsewhere to get this
issue resolved.

Thanks.
,