[dpdk-users] A problem with KNI in pipeline

Mostafa Salari msgm68 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:05:00 CET 2016

Hello,
I want to create a pipeline to act as KNI port, called *pipeline_kni*, such
that:

   1. A pipeline_kni instance receives packets from its input ports, then
   deliver them to Linux kernel.
   2. pipeline_kni instance receive packets from linux and put them on
   pipeline output ports.

The problem is that I want to identify actual port id corresponding to a
input port of pipeline! Because I need to pass this information to
rte_eth_dev_info_get(*port_id* , &dev_info) to retrieve NIC information
(such as PCI adrs, ...)

I'm new to using pipeline! Is there any other standard way to do this?

Its a point to KNI in the link below in Table 23.1
<http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/packet_framework.html#table-qos-19>:
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/packet_framework.html
What does it mean? Is there a pipeline input/output port of type KNI? If
so, how can we determine it (for example) in *pktq_in* field in a
configuration file?

Thanks,
Regards